geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <>
Subject Re: Geronimo-358: Remote Deployment
Date Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:49:22 GMT
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> As I read it, the restrictions that the spec imposed on the permissions
> the provider had would preclude this. It would work with our own tool if
> we granted sufficient perms but I wanted to point out it was not a
> compliant solution.

	Hmm...  It would be possible to have our tool set up the
environment (Kernel running) and then the plugin could just try
Kernel.getSingleKernel or whatever to connect to the "offline kernel".
While spec compliant, that would only work with our tool, still.  Okay,
it's a bit of a hack.  Okay, maybe more than a bit.  :)

View raw message