geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: CAN WE PLEASE MAKE THE BLOODY BUILD WORK
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:10:22 GMT
	Hear, hear.

	I don't think you'll get a fast online build, though, until Mavn
itself is changed to download no snapshot more than once per build
sequence (and ideally, not download snapshots that are going to be built
locally anyway).

	Though it's worth noting that the majority of the build breakage
is from people who aren't messing with the build itself.  For example, the
ActiveMQ repackaging and the latest EWS snapshot both broke the build.  I
think we need to try to get everyone to run a "maven m:rebuild-all" before
they check anything in, though that still won't stop bad dependencies from
being put on the Maven repos.

Aaron

P.S. If anyone wants a copy of yesterday's EWS that does not break the
build, I can e-mail it to you.  Today's is no good.