geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Geronimo Schema Versioning
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2004 21:31:09 GMT
All,
	I suggest we add the "Geronimo version number" to our schema file
names and namespaces.  For example, a Geronimo Jetty header currently
looks like this:

<web-app
    xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/web/jetty"
    xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming"
    configId="..." parentId="...">

	And I'm thinking it ought to be more like this:

<web-app
    xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/web/jetty_1_0"
    xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming_1_0"
    configId="..."  parentId="..." >

	Or else like this:

<web-app
    xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/1.0/web/jetty"
    xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/1.0/naming"
    configId="..."  parentId="..." >

	I'm thinking 2 or 3 release down the road, when we'll want to be
able to look at a deployment plan and identify which release it was
developed against, since the deployment plan format will surely change as
we go.  It will also let us put the Schemas on our web site and there
would be a more obvious correspondance between the namespace and the
schema location.

Aaron