geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Public RFID Demo on Geronimo
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:47:46 GMT
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Bruce Snyder wrote:
> That's great to hear, Aaron. What kinds of pitfalls did you face
> in getting this running?

	Mostly what you'd expect as a result of the active development.
The deployment plan schema changed partway through.  Errors were being
supressed so it looked like things were hanging.  ClassLoaders weren't set
as I expected.  Documentation is lacking, and I had to keep grepping the
codebase for examples.  The build breaks regularly, leaving me unable to
work (I learned to keep a copy of the "last working" assembly).  Services
aren't always started in the right order.  Not all the stuff I needed was
in the default assembly, even though the build uses it.

	I didn't have any problems with J2EE features not working as they
should (though I didn't use entity beans yet :)

Aaron