geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Public RFID Demo on Geronimo
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 19:55:12 GMT
All,
	I did a public demo today of our RFID software running on
Geronimo.  It uses SAAJ in a J2EE Connector to get incoming SOAP messages
from the RFID reader stack.  That's the plumbing, and the application had
a web interface and a Message-Driven Bean to get the scan events from the
connector and apply interesting business logic (pallet X is now in
location Y, etc.).  This touches a lot of areas of J2EE, and I'm thrilled
that I could run it all on Geronimo.  (Not that I didn't try other app
servers, but their documentation and/or implementation of inbound
connectors made things pretty painful.)

	Anyway, thanks to everyone and congratulations on the progress
made so far!  As I said on IRC the other day, I'm really excited to see
what ApacheCon brings this year.  :)

Aaron