geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Reusing Connectors
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:47:34 GMT
	I'd like to be able to deploy multiple database connection pools
without redeploying the TranQL RAR every time.  I just put in a change so
that the TranQL connector will go into geronimo/repository/tranql/rars as
part of the assembly process.  So I'd like to be able to deploy a copy of
it by just specifying the deployment plan with a reference to the RAR in
the repository.

	Currently there's something like this in, say, the geronimo web
deployment plan:

<resource>
<external-rar>tranql/rars/tranql-connector-1.0-SNAPSHOT.rar</external-rar>
<connector ... />

	I'd like to move that "external-rar" tag into the Geronimo
connector deployment plan, so that you can do the same thing even if
you're just deploying a standalone RAR from the command line.  So if you
construct a deployment plan that looks like this:

<connector ...>
  <external-rar>tranql/rars/...</external-rar>
</connector>

	Then to deploy it, you could just use:

java -jar bin/deployer.jar --install --plan my-ra-plan.xml

	Any thoughts or objections?

Thanks,
	Aaron