geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject JDBC From Application Clients
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2004 14:51:58 GMT
	So while surfing the spec, I just came across this gem: "Such a
database must be accessible from web components, enterprise beans, and
application clients" (J2EE.6.2.4.3)  They go on to say that the server
must supply a DataSource that does not require authentication by the
caller.  If I'm reading this right, it means we must supply some kind of
remote wrapper around JDBC, so that an application client can use our
"network glue" to interact with a non-remote JDBC driver running on the
server.  Does that sound right?  I had always thought that was more of a
"value-added" feature from certain servers.

Aaron