geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Silent Connector Work Failure
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2004 02:49:25 GMT
	I hesitate to admit how much time I just spent debugging a failure
with my connector.  The problem was that I was creating a Work that was
getting a NoClassDefFoundError while it ran, and I hadn't set a
WorkListener on it, so the exception was never reported.  (See
WorkerContext:290 where the only thing done with the exception is to pass
it to a listener).

	Does anyone mind if I put a message in there so if an exception
arises, the console prints "Exception while running Work: "+e.getMessage()
or something along those lines?  If we want to minimize output, I can do
that if and only if workListener == NULL_WORK_ADAPTER, but however it's
done, it would really help to get some indication from the server that
something went wrong with the application.

Thanks,
	Aaron