geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <>
Subject Re: Deploying a Data Source
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2004 00:49:48 GMT
	I'm having problems getting this to work in practice.  I deployed
a connector for PostgreSQL with the configId "PostgresDatabase" and name
"PostgresDatasource".  If I look in the DebugConsole, I see:

# J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=ResourceAdapterModule,name=PostgresDatabase

# J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=ConnectionManager,name=PostgresDatasource
# J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=JCAManagedConnectionFactory,name=PostgresDatasource
# J2EEServer=geronimo,JCAResource=null,j2eeType=JCAConnectionFactory,name=PostgresDatasource

	However, at runtime, I get: MBeanServer cannot find MBean
with ObjectName

	In other words, the ObjectNames don't match.  Perhaps this is due
to me trying to use a resource-env-ref?  I'll try the resource-ref.

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> Aaron Mulder wrote:
> > 	I'm trying to set up a data source and access it from a web app.
> > I guess I need to somehow deploy a tranql service?  If there's an example
> > somewhere it would be helpful.  I think if I get the database in the
> > global JNDI space then I can use a resource-env-ref in web.xml and a
> > naming:resource-env-ref in geronimo-jetty.xml and that should put it in my
> > web app's local JNDI space.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > 	Aaron
> There is an example system-database-plan.xml that defines a DataSource
> for accessing the embedded Derby database. This uses the generic JDBC
> connector from TranQL and can be adapted to other vendor's drivers as
> needed. You use the same RAR file, just different deployment plans.
> To access from a web app you need a <resource-ref> not a
> <resource-env-ref> - the Jetty plan looks like:
> <web-app
>    xmlns=""
>    configId="my_wars_config_id">
>    <context-priority-classloader>false</context-priority-classloader>
>    <resource-ref>
>      <ref-name>jdbc/myDB</ref-name>
>      <target-name>myDatasource</target-name>
>    </resource-ref>
> </web-app>
> where <target-name> is the name of your datasource.
> If you don't want an additional RAR config, I think you can actually
> embed its plan inside your geronimo-jetty.xml definition. Basically copy
> the <resource> element from the RAR plan and put it at the end of your
> web-app element (I know this works for app-clients).
> --
> Jeremy

View raw message