geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Deploying a Data Source
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2004 00:34:05 GMT
	The example I'm looking at has a couple of MBeans -- two thread
pool timers.  Do those need to be in there?  What are they?  It also has
dependencies on some commons libs with some kind of substitution variables
for the version numbers.  Do I need the dependencies, and if so I guess I
need to put in the actual version numbers -- they're interpreted by Ant of
Maven at build time, not by Geronimo at deployment time, right?

	Also, I would have thought the jetty DD needed namespaces on the
resource-env-ref elements, since the jetty stuff is from a geronimo jetty
namespace and the resource-env-ref stuff is from a geronimo naming
namespace.  Am I wrong about that?

	Finally, in order to use a different vendor's JDBC driver, do I
need to put the JAR in the repository/ directory and add a dependency to
the geronimo-ra.xml?

	Oh, and in response to David J, I thought a resource-env-ref was
used to refer to anything that was already in the server's JNDI space.
Since deploying the RA should put the DB pool in the JNDI space, I think I
can use a resource-env-ref in the WAR to map the global DB pool entry to a
local java:comp/env location.  I though resource-refs were only necessary
for things that weren't already present in the server's global JNDI space
somewhere.

Thanks,
	Aaron