geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Proposed new multiproject build
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 02:53:43 GMT
I have rewritten our multiproject build to add support for windows.
The new goals all start with m: so as to not disrupt our current stuff.
  Assuming everyone is happy, I would like to remove the current
multiproject and reactor goals (and drop the m: prefix).  This is only
a proposal, so if people don't like it I can just delete or refactor
the goals.

Before I get to the new goals, there are a few weirdism.  I disabled
the activemq tests as they take for ever (like 30 minutes) and
eventually fail.  This is a hard coded disable, as maven 1 would not
let me do it in a more elegant way.  I also disabled the openejb itests
as they fail every time. This failure is due to something outside of
the multiproject build (i.e. it happens in standalone openejb).  I also
had to disable the geronimo itests as they use some artifacts from the
openejb itests.  Hopefully these problems can be worked out and all of
the test reenabled.  I have verified that the current goals work on Mac
OS X and Windows.  Anyway, on the the new goals....

The main goals for the new multiproject build are:

m:default or m:build
     Executes default build for all available project modules

m:clean
    Deletes the 'target' directory in all available project modules

m:clean-repo
     Deletes the local repository artifacts of ActiveMQ, Geronimo, HOWL,
OpenEJB, and TranQL.  NOTE: This may cause problem is you do not have
the source for the all of the other projects available.

m:rebuild
     Same as m:clean m:default

m:rebuild-all
     Same as m:clean m:clean-repo m:default and it includes
geronimo-spec modules

m:checkout or m:co
     Checks out ActiveMQ, HOWL, OpenEJB, and TranQL

m:update
     Updates ActiveMQ, Geronimo, HOWL, OpenEJB, and TranQL from cvs/svn
HEAD

m:fresh-checkout
     BE CAREFUL: Deletes checkout of ActiveMQ, HOWL, OpenEJB, and TranQL
and checks them out again

In addition to the above we support a -Dmodules command line option
which is a comma separated list of module names (ie. common, core, ...)

-dain

--
Dain Sundstrom
Chief Architect