geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Changing Basic Configuration Options
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2004 00:24:37 GMT
On Oct 16, 2004, at 4:01 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> 	What's the recommended way for an end user to change configuration
> parameters like the default transaction timeout or the root log level?
> these are specified in the deployment plans for the system GBeans, but
> those are not visible once deployed -- they're only embedded in
> config.ser
> as far as I can tell.

The short answer is you don't.  The long answer is the JMX debug tool
should be expanded to support setting of attributes and invoking
operations.

> 	I'm guessing you're supposed to adjust these things via JMX.  Do
> we currently include a tool that lets you do that?  And if you did
> change
> tham, would Geronimo update he config.ser to keep that as the new
> default?

The plan is to not ever change the ser files.  Instead we would save
out a separate file that contains the changes.  When we reload the
gbeans we would load it with the default values in the ser file and
then apply the delta.  This hasn't been implemented either.

-dain