geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Deploying a Data Source
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2004 00:19:19 GMT
You are confusing resource-env-refs, which reference AdminObjects,
typically jms Topics and Queues, and resource-refs, which reference
ConnectionFactories such as Datasources.

Anyway there's an example of how to deploy a datasource on the server
in default-database-plan.xml in the assembly module.  There is or will
be soon a more usable database in system-database-plan.xml.  there's an
example of deploying a datasource and jms connection factory on an
app-client in itests/naming/client/src/plans/plan1.xml

I recommend that instead of using the global ger: context you use
resource-refs and the local jndi java:comp/env namespace.  I don't know
of a web example but they do work and the resource-ref syntax for
geronimo-jetty.xml is the same as openejb-jar.xml, and there are
examples for that in the openejb itests.

thanks
david jencks