geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "David Farb" <dmf...@earthlink.net>
Subject o.a.g.network.protocol.SocketProtocol and Error Recovery
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 02:44:49 GMT

o.a.g.network.protocol.SocketProtocol does not percolate a client error
up the protocol stack when the client disconnects. For example, when
serviceRead gets an IOException, the socketChannel is closed, but
the up protocol is not informed.

Is this by design? If so how is the up protocol to find out that the client
has gone away?

If this is an error, I can probably come up with a solution, but I would
be interested in opinions on how best to fix it, as it probably will require
changes to the o.a.g.network.protocol.Protocol interface.

Thanks
David Farb