geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "David Farb" <dmf...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: o.a.g.network.protocol.SocketProtocol and Error Recovery
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 03:19:15 GMT

The situation is that the server (Geronimo in the up protocol) is waiting
for input from
the client. The client disconnects. SocketProtocol gets an IOException in
serviceRead,
but the error never percolates up the protocol stack, so the server sits and
waits for
ever.

The server will never access the protocol, the protocol is waiting for a
message (request)
from the client.