geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From jastrac...@mac.com
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 51845 - in geronimo/trunk/modules/assembly/src: plan var/config
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 07:40:31 GMT
On 4 Oct 2004, at 04:03, Hiram Chirino wrote:
> Yes, user code only uses the JMS API.  But the client is indirectly
> using ActiveMQ classes since the JMS interfaces are ActiveMQ
> implementations.  And since the in vm transport does not serialize the
> ActiveMQ messages it sends to the broker, the broker needs to be in
> the same classloader as the app.  Otherwise, I'm sure the server would
> throw class cast exceptions.

If you're sending a message from one EAR to another using user objects
serialized, thats true. I guess in this case, we should ensure that the
tcp protocol is used to ensure data is serialized into and out of each
EAR/class loader.

We should reserve the VM transport for use cases where publishers and
consumers are in the same class loader - will add warnings to the
website to this effect.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/