geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Inheritance
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2004 15:05:01 GMT
I agree this is inconvenient.  The solutions I know of are:

1. make a chain Server --- Connector1 --- Connector2 --- MyApp

2. put everything (both connectors and MyApp) in an ear.

I think there are 2 cases here.

If you need the connector classes on the MyApp classpath, then I think
the solutions (1,2) are sufficient.  Otherwise we will have to write
some bizarre classloader with several parent classloaders, that most
likely won't work reliably.

If you simply need the connectors started and available before MyApp
starts, this could be taken care of by some kind of explicit dependency
mechanism.  So far I haven't thought of a reasonable way to do this,
but I think it would be possible and convenient.

thanks
david jencks