geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 53924 - in geronimo/trunk/modules: deployment/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/deployment/service jetty/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/jetty jetty/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/jetty/deployment jetty/src/test/org/apache/geronimo/jetty kernel/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/kernel/config
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 00:33:57 GMT
On Oct 6, 2004, at 5:13 PM, dain@apache.org wrote:

> Added explicit handling of web application classloader which handles
> WEB-INF/classes and WEB-INF/lib/*.jar
> This class loader is also used during deployment so env ref classes
> can come from the war classes
> Changed Configuration to set the configurationBaseUrl on each gbean in
> configuration that has such an attibute

Forgot to mention that I broke contextPriorityClassLoader, which is
where we load classes from the web app in preference to parent class
loaders.  I'm starting on this now.

BTW, I find the name "contextPriorityClassLoader" a bit non-intuitive,
what do other app servers call this (specifically weblogic and
webshpere).

-dain