geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Jetty Security Realms
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 03:59:59 GMT

On Oct 31, 2004, at 7:52 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> [...]

I wonder if we should do something similar for the connector realm
bridge stuff... IIRC there's no easy way to set that up at the moment.

>> 2. We're going to need to do something so we are deploying gbeans for
>> servlets, and do this fairly soon.  This is going to involve fairly
>> extensive changes to how we deploy web apps.  What is your guess on
> the
>> impact of this on your proposal?
>
> That would depend on what you're envisioning.  Can you provide some
> detail?

Well, not a lot, since I haven't figured out how servlets are deployed
in jetty.  What I imagine is parsing web.xml, constructing a gbean for
each servlet, and registering it somehow with the webapp gbean or the
jetty container.  Unfortunately on my last venture into jetty code I
didn't see how to do this right off.

thanks
david jencks