geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for more uniform gbean naming, similar to jsr-77 names.
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:28:49 GMT
+1 Good idea.

On Oct 27, 2004, at 10:48 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> So, a resulting gbean name might look like:
>
> geronimo.server:
> J2EEServer=geronimo,ServiceModule=foo,serviceType=3ProngedChuckActuator
> ,name=default

> <service configId="a/b/c" parentId="base" module-name="foo">

I like this.  Would the module-name default to configId?

> <gbean type="3ProngedChuckActuator" name="default"
> class="com.bar.foo.Illusion">

+1  maybe it should be serviceType to match the objectName

> <gbean properties="ServiceType=3ProngedChuckActuator,name=default"
> class="com.bar.foo.Illusion">

This brings up the issue where I want to have a name that is a logical
child of a GBean.  For example:

<gbean serviceType="Component" name="funk" class="x.y.z">
geronimo.server:
J2EEServer=geronimo,ServiceModule=foo,serviceType=Component,name=funk

<gbean serviceType="ComponentPool" Component="funk" name="fpool"
class="a.b.c">
geronimo.server:
J2EEServer=geronimo,ServiceModule=foo,Component=funk,serviceType=Pool,na
me=fpool

Maybe we can construct the object name from the attributes, except for
the class one?

Also, do we want components to be able override the name?

-dain