geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Proposed new multiproject build
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 19:30:29 GMT
Right, I was trying to use a checkout from the previous version of  
maven.xml.  I don't know why it didn't work, but after m:co m:update  
works.

Now I'm having what I consider a severe problem with m:idea.  I think  
it should include the spec modules but it doesn't.

thanks
david jencks

On Oct 6, 2004, at 5:39 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> This is caused when you don't have all of the modules checked out yet.  
>  I believe that if you drop your current checkout and checkout again  
> with m:co, m:update will start working for you.
>
> BTW I have been using m:update on my mac laptop and a windows desktop,  
> which is checking out anonymously,  all day.  I did reproduce this bug  
> by doing a clean checkout and runing m:update without m:co.
>
> I'll add some jelly to not try to update modules you don't have  
> checked out.
>
> -dain
>
> --
> Dain Sundstrom
> Chief Architect
> Gluecode Software
> 310.536.8355, ext. 26
>
> On Oct 6, 2004, at 11:51 AM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> m:update doesn't work for me.  Geronimo and activemq are updated,  
>> then it tries to update geronimo using cvs.
>>
>> BUILD FAILED
>> File...... /Users/david/geronimo/geronimo/svn/geronimo/trunk/maven.xml
>> Element... ant:cvs
>> Line...... 205
>> Column.... 15
>> cvs exited with error code 1
>> Command line was [Executing 'cvs' with arguments:
>> 'update'
>> '-P'
>> '-d'
>>
>> The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
>> not part of the command.
>>
>>
>> environment:
>>
>>         MANPATH=/sw/share/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/X11R6/man
>>         SSH_AGENT_PID=6483
>>         TERM_PROGRAM=Apple_Terminal
>>         SHELL=/bin/bash
>>         TERM=xterm-color
>>         PERL5LIB=/sw/lib/perl5:/sw/lib/perl5
>>         TERM_PROGRAM_VERSION=100
>>         USER=david
>>         SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/ssh-QTULRgs2/agent.6482
>>         __CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING=0x1F5:0:0
>>         MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx625m
>>          
>> PATH=/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/Users/david/ 
>> java/maven/1.0binary/maven-1.0/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
>>         MAVEN_HOME=/Users/david/java/maven/1.0binary/maven-1.0
>>         PWD=/Users/david/geronimo/geronimo/svn/geronimo/trunk
>>         CVSIGNORE=target *.iml *.ipr *.log junit*.properties
>>         HOME=/Users/david
>>         SHLVL=2
>>         LOGNAME=david
>>         INFOPATH=/sw/share/info:/sw/info:/usr/share/info
>>         SECURITYSESSIONID=20f3c0
>>          
>> _=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/ 
>> Home/bin/java
>>         JAVA_MAIN_CLASS_16297=com.werken.forehead.Forehead
>>         CVS_PASSFILE=/Users/david/.cvspass
>>         CVS_RSH=ssh]
>> Total time: 21 seconds
>> Finished at: Wed Oct 06 11:46:43 PDT 2004
>>
>>
>> (I think it is trying to update geronimo with cvs due to the PWD env  
>> var)
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>
>>
>> On Oct 5, 2004, at 7:53 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>>
>>> I have rewritten our multiproject build to add support for windows.   
>>> The new goals all start with m: so as to not disrupt our current  
>>> stuff.  Assuming everyone is happy, I would like to remove the  
>>> current multiproject and reactor goals (and drop the m: prefix).   
>>> This is only a proposal, so if people don't like it I can just  
>>> delete or refactor the goals.
>>>
>>> Before I get to the new goals, there are a few weirdism.  I disabled  
>>> the activemq tests as they take for ever (like 30 minutes) and  
>>> eventually fail.  This is a hard coded disable, as maven 1 would not  
>>> let me do it in a more elegant way.  I also disabled the openejb  
>>> itests as they fail every time. This failure is due to something  
>>> outside of the multiproject build (i.e. it happens in standalone  
>>> openejb).  I also had to disable the geronimo itests as they use  
>>> some artifacts from the openejb itests.  Hopefully these problems  
>>> can be worked out and all of the test reenabled.  I have verified  
>>> that the current goals work on Mac OS X and Windows.  Anyway, on the  
>>> the new goals....
>>>
>>>
>>> The main goals for the new multiproject build are:
>>>
>>> m:default or m:build
>>>     Executes default build for all available project modules
>>>
>>> m:clean
>>>    Deletes the 'target' directory in all available project modules
>>>
>>> m:clean-repo
>>>     Deletes the local repository artifacts of ActiveMQ, Geronimo,  
>>> HOWL, OpenEJB, and TranQL.  NOTE: This may cause problem is you do  
>>> not have the source for the all of the other projects available.
>>>
>>> m:rebuild
>>>     Same as m:clean m:default
>>>
>>> m:rebuild-all
>>>     Same as m:clean m:clean-repo m:default and it includes  
>>> geronimo-spec modules
>>>
>>> m:checkout or m:co
>>>     Checks out ActiveMQ, HOWL, OpenEJB, and TranQL
>>>
>>> m:update
>>>     Updates ActiveMQ, Geronimo, HOWL, OpenEJB, and TranQL from  
>>> cvs/svn HEAD
>>>
>>> m:fresh-checkout
>>>     BE CAREFUL: Deletes checkout of ActiveMQ, HOWL, OpenEJB, and  
>>> TranQL and checks them out again
>>>
>>>
>>> In addition to the above we support a -Dmodules command line option  
>>> which is a comma separated list of module names (ie. common, core,  
>>> ...)
>>>
>>> -dain
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dain Sundstrom
>>> Chief Architect
>>> Gluecode Software
>>> 310.536.8355, ext. 26
>>>
>


Mime
View raw message