geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: CAN WE PLEASE MAKE THE BLOODY BUILD WORK
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:34:28 GMT
Totally agree with Arron's assessment.  The major ongoing problems are
m1's reactor (multiproject) dependency handling is simply not good
enough, and other projects change their build.

We also have problems we created, like modules missing dependencies on
plugins.  None of the people regularly building geronimo notice the
problem because they have the plugin already installed.  Another
problem you created, Jeremy, by switching all the specs to snapshots,
which took about a week to shake out.

Anyway, if you want to be build monkey for a few weeks, go for it.

-dain

--
Dain Sundstrom
Chief Architect