geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Heads Up: big change to deployment
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 23:01:25 GMT
I just committed a big change to deployment... I have changed
deployment to no longer build into a packed Jar file, instead it builds
into a temp directory and once complete moves the temp directory into
the config store.  If a packed car file is needed, the deployer simply
jars up the temp directory.  This should make adding support for
manifest class path entries trivial, as the standard URLClassLoader can
handle like 80% of the cases.

I also added code to meticulously track temp files and delete them
asap... my old implementation left tons of temp files around.

I haven't tested this on windows yet, but I heading over to my windows
machine right now to test it.

Can someone on linux check if the build works?

Thanks,

-dain

--
Dain Sundstrom