geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Reusing Connectors
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:46:18 GMT
For standalone connectors I think it is just as easy to say

java -jar bin/deployer.jar --install --module
path/to/tranql-connector-1.0-SNAPSHOT.rar --plan path/to/myplan.xml

However, the <external-rar> element is only in the app client dd at the
moment (its not available for any server-side modules).  I do think it
would be very valuable to allow it in web, ejb, and application
descriptors.  I guess adding it to connectors as well won't hurt
anything.  I thought there was a jira issue on this but the closest
seems to be http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-365.

I think implementing this properly may take some thinking about where
the xml processing goes and how the builders fit together.  I think the
"resource" element from app-client needs to be allowed in the other
plans.  Somehow the builders will need to get a reference to the
connector builder.  The app client builder simply has a direct
reference: I think getting it back from the ear builder is a better
idea, but I haven't looked at exactly how to do this.