geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: J2CA ActivationSpec Data Types
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2004 23:24:50 GMT
I wondered.... as far as I can tell the spec says nothing about the
types for an ActivationSpec.  Do you have any quotes from the connector
list?

Basically I think this is a good idea if it is spec compliant. It
certainly makes the ActivationSpec more useful.  I concluded that it
probably wasn't spec compliant from reading the spec, but since I
couldn't find a discussion I'd be very happy to be wrong.

Apparently, looking at the list of allowed types, primitives are
explicitly not allowed for ResourceAdapter or ManagedConnectionFactory
config-properties, so I'd be a bit reluctant to allow them for
ActivationSpecs without a clear statement from the spec committee.

thanks
david jencks