geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <>
Subject Re: Please Vote: 1 deployment tool or 2?
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:56:05 GMT

Hiram Chirino wrote:

> To simplify all the modes of operation I would recommend we follow the
> command structure that tools like "cvs" and "svn" use.  So you would
> like something like:
> admin.jar [general options] deploy [list of valid deploy command options]
> admin.jar [general options] undeploy [list of valid undeploy options]
> admin.jar [general options] start [list of valid start options]
> admin.jar [general options] start [list of valid stop options]
> admin.jar [general options] list modules [list of valid list options]
> admin.jar [general options] list targets [list of valid list options]
> admin.jar --help

I really like Hiram's idea above. IMO, our goal is to make things
easier, not more complex. I think that a single tool will be easier to
understand than two. Additionally, a simplified command set within the
single tool will further ease the deployment process.

perl -e 'print

The Castor Project

Apache Geronimo

View raw message