geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <fer...@frii.com>
Subject Re: trouble starting geronimo from Maven
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:17:34 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> you need to declare the namespace up at the top of maven.xml with a
> line like this:
>
>     xmlns:deploy="geronimo:deploy"

Thanks, David. I figured that out right after I sent the message.

Now I'm stuck on the following error:

$ maven -o demo

<the server starts up here>

demo:
     [echo] server has started
12:13:39,174 INFO  [ConfigurationManagerImpl] Loaded Configuration
geronimo.config:name="org/apache/geronimo/Client"
12:13:39,345 INFO  [ConfigurationManagerImpl] Loaded Configuration
geronimo.config:name="org/apache/geronimo/ClientSystem"
12:13:39,535 INFO  [Configuration] Started configuration
org/apache/geronimo/ClientSystem
javax.management.MBeanException: null nested exception is
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentException: Could not create a
deployment context for the app client
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentException: Could not create a
deployment context for the app client

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentException:
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Invalid GBean
configuration for geronimo.config:name="org/apache/geronimo/Client"
         at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.<init>(DeploymentContext.java:124)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARContext.<init>(EARContext.java:54)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.client.builder.AppClientModuleBuilder.addGBeans(AppClientModuleBuilder.java:332)
         ... 75 more
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException:
Invalid GBean configuration for
geronimo.config:name="org/apache/geronimo/Client"
         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.Kernel.startGBean(Kernel.java:279)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.<init>(DeploymentContext.java:122)

     [echo] distributed ejbs
Module is already running or may not be deployed: org/acme/MagicGBallBean

I'm running this stuff from within the applications/magicGball directory
and I can't find the directory/repository that's being created. If I
could find that I could see whether the magicGBall app has been deployed
already, remove it and try to redeploy. Where shoudl this directory be
created?

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print