geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <fer...@frii.com>
Subject trouble starting geronimo from Maven
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:56:44 GMT
I'm trying to start Geronimo from Maven and not having much success. My
goal is to start, deploy the magicGBall, undeploy the magicGBall and
stop. I can start and stop from the command line just fine. But it is my
understanding that hot deploy can only be done from the Maven plugin
currently. This led me to try to start/stop Geronimo from Maven just
like it is done in the itest module. Unfortunatley I'm receiving the
following error upon starting:

Fatal Error [line 108, row 60]: The prefix "deploy" for element
"deploy:startRemoteServer" is not bound.
org.apache.maven.MavenException: Error parsing plugin script
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.JellyScriptHousing.parse(JellyScriptHousing.java:165)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.JellyScriptHousing.parse(JellyScriptHousing.java:177)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.readMavenXml(PluginManager.java:479)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.attainGoals(PluginManager.java:551)
         at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.attainGoals(MavenSession.java:266)
         at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:486)
         at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:1215)
         at
         at
         at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
         at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)

This is coming from the following goal I stuffed into the magicGBall
maven descriptor:

         <goal name="demo">
             <deploy:startRemoteServer
                 geronimoTarget="${maven.build.dir}/geronimo"

vmArgs="-Djava.rmi.server.RMIClassLoaderSpi=org.apache.geronimo.rmi.RMIClassLoaderSpiImpl"
                 configs="org/apache/geronimo/DefaultDatabase"/>
             <deploy:waitForStarted

uri="deployer:geronimo:jmx:rmi://localhost/jndi/rmi:/JMXConnector"
                 username="system"
                 password="manager"
                 id="org/apache/geronimo/DefaultDatabase"/>
             <echo message="server has started"/>
             <deploy:distribute

uri="deployer:geronimo:jmx:rmi://localhost/jndi/rmi:/JMXConnector"
                 username="system"
                 password="manager"
                 module="${maven.dest.dir}/magicGball.ear"
                 />
             <echo message="distributed ejbs"/>
             <deploy:start

uri="deployer:geronimo:jmx:rmi://localhost/jndi/rmi:/JMXConnector"
                 username="system"
                 password="manager"
                 id="org/acme/MagicGBallBean"/>
         </goal>

What does the 'not bound' error mean and how do I get past it?

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print
unpack("u30","<0G)U8V4\\@4VYY9&5R\\"F9E<G)E=\\$\\!F<FEI+F-O;0\\`\\`");'