geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: error
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 23:22:08 GMT
On 14/10/2004 3:20 AM, mouli wrote:

>    [mkdir] Created dir:
>C:\asf\geronimo\modules\assembly\target\geronimo-1.0-SN
>APSHOT\bin
>    [mkdir] Created dir:
>C:\asf\geronimo\modules\assembly\target\geronimo-1.0-SN
>APSHOT\config-store
>    [echo] Building server.jar
>    [java] Server URI: org/apache/geronimo/System
>    [echo] Building server configuration
>    [java]
>org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentException:
>Unable to load pa
>rents
>    [java]      at
>org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.<init>(Deplo
>ymentContext.java:114)

<...>
When configurations, modules or plans, are successfully deployed, the
deployer displays their URIs. So, for sure org/apache/geronimo/System
has been installed.

>    [java] Caused by:
>org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.NoSuchConfigException:
>o configuration with id: org/apache/geronimo/System
>    [java]      at
>org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManagerImpl.lo
>ad(ConfigurationManagerImpl.java:129)
>    [java]      at
>org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManagerImpl.lo
>adRecursive(ConfigurationManagerImpl.java:175)
>    [java]      at
>org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.<init>(Deplo
>ymentContext.java:112)

<...>
I am so happy! I am not the only one to have faced this problem. If you
look into your
modules/assembly/target/geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT/config-store directory you
will see the standard index.properties file along with another file
named index<ID>.tmp. This latter should have replaced index.properties,
yet it seems that index.properties has not been successfully deleted.

So, perhaps that LocalConfigStore should check that index.properties has
been successfully deleted and that index<ID>.tmp has been successfully
renamed.

>what needs to be done to fix this?

On my side, I have simply rebuilt the assembly module and it was OK. I
have not been able to re-create the problem.

Are we the only ones to have encountered this problem?

Thanks,
Gianny