geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Resource ref as dependency; WAS: Multiple Inheritance
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2004 19:52:20 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> I agree, this is a good idea.  Lets have the default value for the flag
> be "mandatory", i.e you only include the flag when it is optional.  We
> can presumably do the same with ejb-refs from web apps to ejbs?  I
> don't think we can have dependencies between ejbs since there can be
> circular references.

CMP EJBs will also have dependencies for the CMRs between them (as well
as the dependency on the CMP data store which will not be an ejb-ref). I
agree that resolving those will be problematic.

Perhaps the compromise is to bundle the dependencies at the EJBModule
level rather than at the individual EJB level - this would mirror the
model at the web layer where they are define for the WebApplication not
individual servlets.

In other words, an ejb-ref from a WebApplication would depend on the
EJBModule that contained the target EJB not the individual EJB.
Similarly, individual EJB's ejb-refs would be rolled up into
dependencies from their EJBModule to the EJBModules of the targets.

--
Jeremy