geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Groschupf ...@media-style.com>
Subject Re: new geronimo logo contribution
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:30:02 GMT
Hi,

> This is a very well crafted logo however; it violates one of the rules
> about imagery, "any imagery that is stereotypical or caricatured in
> nature".  Please remove the entry with the Indian caricature.

I'm sorry, Ok, we already removed the webpage, I will change the wiki
as well, I'm very sorry.
I was working a long time for a company that was doing animated cartoon
for TV,
under a caricature I understand something different then we had
contributed.
I'm a bit confused and asking myself why the ASF use names and already
use symbolics of indians but don't wish to see anything more.
Again sorry if someone feel we didn't respect anything, our goal was to
show something positive and not show disrespect.

Best Regards,
Stefan