geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sandip Ghayal <sgha...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Geronimo Schema Versioning
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:06:20 GMT
Hi Alan,

Sorry I didn't answer your question. I missed that
part :-)

Anyway this is what I suggest.

After a version is finalized (say geronimo version
1_0) We increment the version# to next version number
for all the products. e.g next expected geronimo
version is 1_1. Then then we will use 1_1 for all
products. Even if there is no change in some of the
modules.

So though the change is only in naming and no change
in jetty still our shcema would look like

<web-app

xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/web/jetty_1_1"

xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming_1_1"
    configId="..."  parentId="..."
    version="1.1">

Offcourse we won't be able to track intermediate
changes. But I don't see a need to track them anyways.
Because intermediate changes are during development
cycle. So it is possible that during development cycle
naming_1_1 schema could keep on changing, but it will
still be refered to as version 1.1

Cheers,

Sandip

xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/web/jetty_1_0"