geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: RMI startup failure
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 18:56:46 GMT
On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 11:33:14AM -0500, David Blevins wrote:
> > > Looks like a conflict with something in JMXRemoting. But I am
> > concerned
> > > that something needs special commmand line properties to start and
> > would
> > > assume due to that the RMIClassLoaderSPIImpl has not been used in
> > quite
> > > a while.
> >
> > A gentle reminder, people who have spaces in their home directory will
> > need to use RMIClassLoaderSPIImpl.
> >

> You have any idea on why using this in Geronimo would fail?
>
> What GBean that relies upon the RMIClassLoaderSpi and what classloader
> should the RMIClassLoaderSpi be in?

To answer part of my own question, the RMIClassLoaderSpi provider must
be in the system classloader.  Worse yet, the provider is instaniated
and assigned to a private static final in RMIClassLoader.

It works in OpenEJB because it has geronimo-core in the manifest
class-path of it's server.jar, I just need to add that to Geronimo's
server.jar as well.

As far as the other question of who relies on it, it's hard to tell...

  -- The RMIClassLoaderSpi is supplied on the command line
  -- The RMIRegistryService is in the system package
  -- The RMIClassLoaderSpiImpl is in the core package
  -- The JMXConnector in jmxremoting seems to be the only thing that
     actually breaks when the above three things go wrong.

-David