geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From toby cabot <t...@caboteria.org>
Subject Re: Multiple Inheritance
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2004 16:40:18 GMT
On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 08:05:01AM -0700, David Jencks wrote:
> I agree this is inconvenient.  The solutions I know of are:
..snip...
> 2. put everything (both connectors and MyApp) in an ear.

On a (hopefully) related topic, what's the mechanism to declare the
dependencies within an ear?  I ask because I've got a webapp that uses
a connector and despite a <resource-ref> in web.xml and a
<resource-ref> in geronimo-jetty.xml I get

javax.naming.NamingException: could not look up : env/ra/CF [Root exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException:
Proxy not returned. Target geronimo.server:J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=JCAManagedConnectionFactory,name=testCF
not started]

when I start the server.  I assumed that the <resource-ref> provided
the dependency data to the server, but if there's some other technique
I need to use I'll try that.

Thanks,
Toby

PS.  more details in http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-307