geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: [EWS] Replace JAXB-RI with XMLBeans
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:52:23 GMT
Folks,

Can we please add web services schema's
(http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/) to /geronimo/modules/j2ee-schema
itself? Also, see below for a note that says that our j2ee_1_4.xsd is
out-dated/broken.

thanks,
dims

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jongjin Choi <gunsnroz@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:21:39 +0900
Subject: Re: [EWS] Replace JAXB-RI with XMLBeans
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org, Srinath Perera <hemapani@gmail.com>

Dims,

As Srinath mentioned, it would be good that J2EE 1.4's webservices schemas
is integrated into geronimo
(/geronimo/modules/j2ee-schema/j2ee_1_4schema) and ews can use it for
ews-geronimo.
Looking at geronimo's j2ee_1_4schema directory, I found that jaxrpc
mapping and webservices schema are missing .
But there is some caution about this.

1. The j2ee_jaxrpc_mapping_1_1.xsd of ews will not be compiled with
j2ee_1_4.xsd in geronimo. (Geronimo's j2ee_1_4.xsd is
somewhat outdated) j2ee_jaxrpc_mapping_1.1.xsd of ews requires
'java-typeType' complexType in j2ee_1_4.xsd.
But the one in geronimo does not have this complex type.

2. The webservices.xsd file should be renamed as
'j2ee_web_services_1_1.xsd'. (specified in JSR-921)

/Jongjin.