geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Using entities to manage dependency versions
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:59:15 GMT
On Sun, 2004-10-17 at 13:13, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> We have two execution scenarios.  The most common is from a reactor
> (multiproject) build, where we could use property inheritance.  The
> second is directly from the module.  The problem I found in the second
> scenario is it appears that the dependencies are verified (downloaded)
> before our maven code that loads the global properties file is
> executed.

Yah, but I think that is due to the loading of properties via the
ant:property task.

> I have been thinking about this for a while, and think the
> easiest solution would be to have maven load a project.properties file
> from the directory of the parent project.xml file before verifying
> (downloading) dependencies.

The JAR override should be taken into account before the dependencies
are processed. If they aren't that's a bug.

> The reason we use entities is because it
> was the only thing that worked in both scenarios.

Fair enough, but I would like to help to make it work with properties
and not entities.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl