geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <dblev...@gluecode.com>
Subject Happy, shinny build scripts
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:12:15 GMT
(reposting in a new thread)

All,

I  whipped up a script to help with our build issues.   To see what one
of the emails looks like, see the email on the dev list titled "build
failed Wed Oct 27 03:04:37 PDT 2004"

Basically, the script will build Geronimo, OpenEJB, and Tranql in an
infinite loop with a short delay.   The script will do four different
styles of build at various times.  These are:

1. Update and build
2. Update and clean build
3. Update, clean build and snapshot publish
4. Delete the entire $HOME/.maven directory and clean build

Style number 1 will happen the majority of times, like every ten
minutes.

Note a couple things about the "build failure" email.

1.  There is a list of what files were updated by cvs/svn
2.  A list of the failing tests
3.  The output of the 'maven --info' command which contains jdk
version, etc.
4.  The entire cvs and maven output is attached to the email
5.  The test report of any failing test is attached to the email

That should be more than enough for the respective developer(s) to
figure out how to fix the test.

please check there before reporting build failures.  Anyone committing
code should be subscribed to that list and check it on a regular basis.

If all you need is a binary of the latest code, you can grab this jar
and unpack it.  This should be updated once a day or so (we'll see how
the script plays out).

http://cvs.apache.org/repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-assembly-1.0-
SNAPSHOT.jar

Happy compiling and happy deploying!