geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Proposed new multiproject build
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 22:27:19 GMT

On Oct 7, 2004, at 3:06 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Oct 7, 2004, at 1:39 PM, David Jencks wrote:

>>> Cool

>>> David, I think you are the only one that regularly builds specs, so
>>> if you want to add it to your idea build, just change this in your
>>> project.properties file
>>>
>>> maven.idea.project.multiproject.includes=${maven.multiproject.include
>>> s},specs/*/project.xml
>>
>> What I want is for m:idea to recognize that project dependencies to
>> specs are to other modules that are part of geronimo, so you can work
>> with the spec classes in idea in the generated projects.  (this only
>> works with my maven-idea-plugin patch).  I'm fine with your extra
>> target for actually building the specs.
>
> Will it link specs binaries to the maven repo or to
> target/xxxxx-version.jar?

not sure what you mean. What I'm talking about can be seen in the idea
project configuration for a module: instead of a spec subproject being
listed as a "library" it will be listed as a "dependency".  As a
result, the source code is available from the using module.  For
instance, pressing F4 on a class name will find the source code, not
decompile the binary.

david jencks