geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Proposed new multiproject build
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 20:39:53 GMT

On Oct 7, 2004, at 12:44 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Oct 7, 2004, at 12:30 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> Right, I was trying to use a checkout from the previous version of
>> maven.xml.  I don't know why it didn't work, but after m:co m:update
>> works.
>
> Cool
>
>> Now I'm having what I consider a severe problem with m:idea.  I think
>> it should include the spec modules but it doesn't.
>
> David, I think you are the only one that regularly builds specs, so if
> you want to add it to your idea build, just change this in your
> project.properties file
>
> maven.idea.project.multiproject.includes=${maven.multiproject.includes}
> ,specs/*/project.xml

What I want is for m:idea to recognize that project dependencies to
specs are to other modules that are part of geronimo, so you can work
with the spec classes in idea in the generated projects.  (this only
works with my maven-idea-plugin patch).  I'm fine with your extra
target for actually building the specs.

Another thing that defeats automatic dependency recognition is use of
the aggregated spec jar rather than the jars that are related to the
source locations.

david jencks