geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 45902 - geronimo/trunk
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2004 04:13:07 GMT
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> Aaron, do you want to handle this one?  I'm going to try to figure out
> the keyword problem.

	I'll take a look at restoring the ignore properties tomorrow.

	What was it you were doing with execute bits?  What does the
execute bit mean in subversion?  Will it actually mark it with the execute
filesystem flag when checked out on *nix or something?  Or is it just
related to whether it treats the file as text or binary or something?

	Also, after reading about subversion, I have to say that it makes
Maven more attractive -- if you store all your 3rd party libs in the
repository then they take double the disk space per project, whereas with
maven there's only one shared copy across projects.

Aaron