geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Web Services and Portlet deployment
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 21:26:07 GMT
	As far as JSR-88 goes, it includes a facility for multiple
standard DDs per module -- I think you identify them by name.  So the
DDBeans would include DDBeans for all the different standard DDs
(definitely including web services, and likely including portlets as
well), and then the server module can provide DConfigBeans matching any or
all DDBeans, and then all the deployment plan ends up including all the
server-specific information, whether it corresponds to just one standard
DD or multiple ones (and whether just one module or multiple modules in an
EAR).

Aaron