geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Deploy Problem
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 14:40:13 GMT
	I'm trying to deploy an EAR consisting of a WAR, an EJB JAR, and
an RA.  The EJB JAR just has an MDB that should be configured to receive
inbound messages from the RA.

	With the M2 release, I am unable to deploy due to a
DeplyomentException: No plan or WEB-INF/jetty-web.xml found
(even though my WAR does have a WEB-INF/jetty-web.xml)

	With a build I did on Monday, I can deploy successfully, however
the app does not start up after it's deployed.  If I then restart Geronimo
and pass the app name on the command line, first the
org/apache/geronimo/System configuration is started, and them the RMI
Registry is started and then it goes immediately to "Starting kernel
shutdown" with no intervening error messages.

	The first error I get is after the message that it's stopping my
EAR configuration, and it's "could not unregister child XZY" followed by
"InstanceNotFoundException: MBeanServer cannot find MBean with ObjectName
XYZ" where XYZ is:

geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=rfid,J2EEModule=rfid-ejbs.jar,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=ActivationSpec,name=RFIDReader

Where
  rfid = my EAR
  rfid-ejbs.jar = my EJB JAR
  RFIDReader = my MDB in the EJB JAR

I'm not sure if the is the root cause of the shutdown (that it can't
identify an ActivationSpec for the MDB to use), or if this is just the
shutdown failing (there are about 5 stack traces like this complaining
that various components can't be shut down -- the RA, the RA module,
the EAR module, etc.).

As far as my configuration goes, in my openejb-jar.xml I gave the MDB the
name of the RA and the class name of the ActivationSpec -- I thought that
should be enough for it to instantiate an ActivationSpec, apply the
settings from ejb-jar.xml, and then pass that to the RA to get connected.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, and I can provide code or DDs if
that would be helpful.

Thanks,
	Aaron