geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <>
Subject Re: How to find out what Geronimo version is the build from?
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:13:06 GMT
This one time, at band camp, Jacek Laskowski said:

JL>I've just discovered that there's no simple (and known to me) way to
JL>find out what Geronimo version is the build from. Provided a Geronimo
JL>release has been downloaded or built, how to know it?
JL>I think of adding -v/--version cli option, but before doing it would
JL>like to hear if it's really not yet available. Would adding a build date
JL>or even better svn's $Rev$ be of any interest? Having it, solving issues
JL>would be much easier as the first question asked would be what's your
JL>Geronimo version - do this, and tell us the result.

A very good point. There should be a Version class somewhere that
is updated at build time using token substitution. This Version
class will then output everything to do with version information
(e.g. SVN revision, date, time, etc.). This is very handy for

The Castor Project

Apache Geronimo

View raw message