geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <fer...@frii.com>
Subject Re: questions, questions, questions - I need some quick answers
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:03:57 GMT
This one time, at band camp, Dain Sundstrom said:

DS>I answered the ones I know inline....

Thanks again, Dain!

DS>On Sep 13, 2004, at 9:11 AM, Bruce Snyder wrote:
DS>
DS>> I've got a bunch of questions that I need answered quickly. Please
DS>> help me out if you can:
DS>>
DS>> How can openejb-jar descriptors be generated?  Is there an XDoclet
DS>> plugin? Or, are the geronimo* descriptors generated automatically
DS>> by the builders?
DS>
DS>No XDoclet that I know of... I write them by hand.  BTW, The
DS>openejb-jar.xml is not required anymore.

Great, are the other geronimo*.xml descriptors still required (e.g.
geronimo-jetty.xml, geronimo-application.xml, etc.)?

DS>> How can an application be stopped and undeployed from the command
DS>> line outside of Maven?

Does anyone know if/how this can be done?

DS>> Is OpenEJB planning on supporting EJB 3? Is this work under way?
DS>
DS>OpenEJB will support EJB 3 no matter how bad the spec come out.  We may
DS>not recommend anyone use EJB 3 (and I wouldn't right now), but we will
DS>support it.
DS>
DS>> Can GBeans be included in a jar housing my applicaiton (similar to
DS>> .sars being included in an .ear file)? If so, are GBeans deployed
DS>> first?
DS>> Also, should we call the GBean archives .gars?
DS>
DS>You can put GBean XML declarations into any descriptor.  Specifically
DS>in this case, you can put them in your geronimo-application.xml file.
DS>If you want the GBean to start first, you need to declare a single
DS>valued reference (dependency) from your GBean to the EJB (object name
DS>as determined by JSR 77).
DS>
DS>> The Geronimo builders are creating all the configuration objects.
DS>> Are these the objects that are serialized out into the config.ser
DS>> file?
DS>
DS>Yes, but there is only one Configuration object created, and it is that
DS>object that is serialized.

I thought that the serialized configs contained an arbitrary graph
of objects and that was why building a viewer was a big PITA? Am I
mixing up two different things here?

DS>> How can an application be undeployed on the command line (i.e.
DS>> without the Maven Geronimo plugin)?

Whoops, I asked the question above twice ;-).

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo