geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Subversion keyword expansion not working
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:53:04 GMT
On Sep 11, 2004, at 2:35 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
>> I think I got this one figured out.  It looks like Subversion is
>> different from CVS in that it does not store files on the server with
>>  keywords expanded (which was totally throwing me off).  In CVS we
>> had  this stored on the server
>> (http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator-geronimo/etc/maven.xml?
>> view=markup):
>> <!-- $Revision: 1.34 $ $Date: 2004/09/07 02:35:13 $ -->
>> and in subversion we get this
>> (http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/geronimo/trunk/etc/maven.xml?
>> rev=45828&root=Apache-SVN&view=markup):
>> <!-- $Rev$ $Date$ -->
>
> I see the same as the one above, i.e.
>
> <!-- $Revision: 1.34 $ $Date: 2004/09/07 02:35:13 $ -->
>
> So, either we look at different files or I do not fully understand
> your explanation :(

I'm sorry. Bad link... here is the correct one:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/geronimo/trunk/etc/maven.xml?
rev=45918&root=Apache-SVN&view=markup

>> svn propset svn:keywords "author date id rev" files
>> Well we only really need date and rev, but might as well have the
>> others.
>
> That one was discussed before and we decided to have *only* rev and
> date. I don't see any value in having them in the source code again.
>
>> Anyone with commit want to take a shot at make these changes?
>
> As said above, I don't understand what would have to be done, so can't
> help :(

There are two steps:

1) change all places in our code where we have $Revsiosn$ to $Rev$
2) add the rev keyword to the list of keywords to expanded by
subversion (must be done on a file by file basis)

-dain