geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Ant tasks to mirror Maven Geronimo deploy plugin
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 06:40:41 GMT

On Sep 12, 2004, at 10:35 PM, Bruce Snyder wrote:

> I've been looking through the info on the wiki WRT installing,
> running, deploying, undeploying and stopping. These processes seem to
> be fairly terse when using the Maven Geronimo deploy plugin. However,
> the same steps for those who are not using the Maven Geronimo deploy
> plugin are very verbose. It seems to me that all of this could be
> abstracted by a set of Ant tasks.
>
> Also, I've looked everywhere for the Maven Geronimo plugin. Where in
> the world can I find it?

In the geronimo tree under modules/maven-plugin

>  I'd like to get a look at the guts of it so that I can create a set
> of Ant tasks to mirror the Maven plugin. Has anyone else thought about
> doing this? Also, what are some additional opinions on this topic? Am
> I just way off base here or do others also see value in such a beast?

I think you can reuse the maven plugin classes in ant taskdefs, or
maybe you will have to wrap them to make them implement some ant
interface.  It's going to be moderately inconvenient to use with ant
due to the jars you need to get into the ant classpath.   Maybe you
could build an uberjar containing all the dependencies.  It's
(fortunately) been a long time since I've used ant, but I remember that
using the similar ant add-on I wrote for jboss was painful due to the
dependencies.

thanks
david jencks