geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <>
Subject Re: how to change the default jetty port in the M2 download?
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:12:46 GMT
I thought there was a System property for this.... I actually think we
need a System property, since this is the protocol used to run the
console (at least the one we have right now).  If your server had
something hosted at 8080 or blocked 8080, you would never be able to
get the console running to change that port.

Dain Sundstrom
Chief Architect
Gluecode Software
310.536.8355, ext. 26

On Sep 13, 2004, at 7:54 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> The ultimate intention is to make changes to the running server
> persistent so all you would do is use the console to alter the port.
> This isn't there yet.
> For now the easiest way is to edit the system plan (which should be in
> the binary) and re-deploy using:
> java -jar bin/deployer.jar --install --plan j2ee-system.xml
> The server must be stopped.

View raw message