geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: how to change the default jetty port in the M2 download?
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:52:57 GMT
On Sep 13, 2004, at 9:59 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> System property is a really bad idea - for example, if you are running
> multiple connectors which one does it apply to? Or are you suggesting
> a whole hierarchy of properties?

It wouldn't be something you would use in production, just during
setup.  Right now, jetty uses jetty.port, and if this is set it uses it
for the default http connector.  We could use this for the current
single default web connector we install.

If you are concerned, we could add a property "look for a system
property" to the connector and only turn it on in our default
connector.  Anyway, it would be just one property, for one default http
connector, just for setup when our default port is blocked.

> You also have control via JMX remoting with its own set of connectors
> - for example, you could use RMI for this with the current default
> config.

What if the RMI port is blocked?  You need some way to bootstrap the
system so you can connect a console.

-dain