geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Build changes coming...
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 00:12:07 GMT
David Blevins and are working on simplifying the build so we can easily
produce daily builds.  The biggest change is the consolidation of
dependency version numbers into etc/version-info.ent file.  This makes
doing a build across geronimo, openejb, tranql and activemq much
easier, and makes upgrading individual libraries simple.

There are a few other minor things on the list:
* Finally moving the geronimo-spec/schema module to
modules/spec-schema, so we can remove the spec tree from our normal
build since it is slow
* Add ability to easily just build without assembly since assembly is
so slow
* Change build to not fork most tests since is is slow
* Add a -java-src artifact to the build that contains just the java
source for each module (makes debugger setup easier)

If there are any other (minor) changes, you want me to make while at
this, let us know, and if you don't like these changes please speak up.

-dain

--
Dain Sundstrom
Chief Architect