geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: questions, questions, questions - I need some quick answers
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:19:34 GMT
I answered the ones I know inline....

On Sep 13, 2004, at 9:11 AM, Bruce Snyder wrote:

> I've got a bunch of questions that I need answered quickly. Please
> help me out if you can:
>
> How can openejb-jar descriptors be generated?  Is there an XDoclet
> plugin? Or, are the geronimo* descriptors generated automatically
> by the builders?

No XDoclet that I know of... I write them by hand.  BTW, The
openejb-jar.xml is not required anymore.

> How can an application be stopped and undeployed from the command
> line outside of Maven?
>
> Is OpenEJB planning on supporting EJB 3? Is this work under way?

OpenEJB will support EJB 3 no matter how bad the spec come out.  We may
not recommend anyone use EJB 3 (and I wouldn't right now), but we will
support it.

> Can GBeans be included in a jar housing my applicaiton (similar to
> .sars being included in an .ear file)? If so, are GBeans deployed
> first?
> Also, should we call the GBean archives .gars?

You can put GBean XML declarations into any descriptor.  Specifically
in this case, you can put them in your geronimo-application.xml file.
If you want the GBean to start first, you need to declare a single
valued reference (dependency) from your GBean to the EJB (object name
as determined by JSR 77).

> The Geronimo builders are creating all the configuration objects.
> Are these the objects that are serialized out into the config.ser
> file?

Yes, but there is only one Configuration object created, and it is that
object that is serialized.